Information for your first visit to Onsight Rock Gym if you are an experienced climber.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
- Everyone who enters the facility must have a current and valid Onsight Rock Gym Release of Liability Form (waiver) on file.
- To get started climbing faster when you arrive, please fill out the online waiver before your visit.
- Everyone under 18 years of age must have a waiver signed by his or her parent or legal guardian. If the parent or legal guardian will not be present, the waiver must be completed in advance. Legal guardians must provide proof of guardianship to sign a child's waiver.
- All children under 13 years of age must be supervised by an adult at all times while at Onsight Rock Gym.
- Upon arrival to our facility, all guests must complete a Gym Orientation with Onsight Rock Gym staff and watch a short Bouldering Orientation video before being granted access to any climbing area. This orientation procedure is mandatory and will include an introduction to all of our climbing areas, facility rules, and policies.
- You can purchase a day pass, which lasts all business day (you can leave and return), a 10 visit punch pass, or one of our membership options.
- Have your own equipment? You are encouraged to use your personally owned climbing equipment. All harnesses and belay devices must be inspected and approved by Onsight Rock Gym staff before use. Climbing harnesses, belay devices, chalk bags, climbing shoes, and lead climbing ropes are all available for rent.
- Have more questions? Visit our page for FAQ or Contact Us
THREE OPTIONS FOR an EXPERIENCED CLIMBER'S FIRST VISIT:
1. Top Rope test
- Guests who have experience with top rope climbing and belaying and plan to top rope belay/climb at Onsight must take the top rope belay test first and agree to follow all facility climbing and belaying rules. Once you have passed the test and receive a top rope belay tag, you may use all the top rope climbing stations at Onsight Rock Gym.
- You must take the top rope belay test with a partner.
- Prerequisites: Must be 13 years of age or older
- When? Top rope belay tests are offered throughout the day with an available staff member and are FREE. No reservations are necessary, but there may be a wait list during peak hours.
- If you do not pass the top rope belay test, you must return on a different day to retake the test.
Need a refresher course? Check out our classes!
- You must be supervised by an adult if you are under the age of 13.
- Although you do not have to be certified to boulder, you must understand the rules of bouldering, how to spot, and how to fall properly, which are covered in our mandatory Bouldering Orientation Video.
3. Lead test
- Guests who have experience with lead belaying and climbing must pass the lead belay + climbing test first and agree to follow all facility climbing and belaying rules. If you do not already have your top rope belay tag, you will take the top rope belay test concurrently. Once you are top rope and lead certified, you may use all top rope and lead climbing stations at Onsight Rock Gym.
- You must take the lead belay + climbing test with a partner and provide your own 40m or longer dynamic climbing rope (rental ropes are also available).
- Prerequisites: Must be 13 years of age or older and be able to proficiently climb 5.10a or harder as all of our lead tests are given on routes of this grade.
- When? Lead tests are offered throughout the day with an available staff member and are FREE. No reservations are necessary, but there may be a wait list during peak hours.
- If you do not pass the lead belay + climbing test, you must return on a different day to retake the test.
Want to learn how to lead climb? Take one of our lead climbing classes!